Sunday, September 5, 2010

Self-Evaluation & Self-Evaluation Reflection

QUALITY SERVICE SELF-EVALUATION


Answer the following questions as honestly as possible and post this document in your blog.

1. I am able to put the customer’s needs first. Y
2. I look for ways to anticipate my customer’s needs. Y
3. I accommodate my customer’s request even when it is not easy to do so. Y
4. I make my customers feel welcome, understood, comfortable and important. Y
5. My verbal and non-verbal communication reflects a positive attitude. Y
6. I genuinely enjoy working with and for other people. Y
7. I view every customer, even the difficult ones, as an opportunity to provide quality service. N
8. I have a high energy level and enjoy a fast pace of work. Y
9. I am flexible and adaptable to new demands and experiences. Y
10. I handle problems and complaints positively and graciously. Y
11. I am willing to learn new or different ways of providing excellent customer service. Y
12. I believe there are still some things I can learn that will make me a better service provider. Y




Self Evaluation Reflection



In reference to question three, I work retail so I often have special requests that are out of the norm, especially in terms of the market in which we are in. Specifically I’ve had people ask for us to sell them items at a lower cost and I don’t tell them we can’t but I do say that I will try for them. If the section manager is not in I call him and then offer them the price that he quotes. If there is no set price and no way of getting a hold of the manager then I have to make a judgment call on how much this specific commodity is. Sometimes it’s difficult because prices may range drastically and I want to make the customer happy without having the department lose profits.


I already have taken customer service training but as we grow as people so do our bad habits. I would say one of my main weaknesses I need to work on is how to communicate effectively and firmly, especially in a difficult situation. As well I would like to work on how to handle making my opinion heard when it comes to teamwork which will inevitably affect the well being of the customer’s experience.

2 comments:

  1. You are missing the reflection questions from this exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the complete and thoughtful reflection. I am sorry that I missed it the first time.

    ReplyDelete